Join the fascinating debate!
- Pay the participation fee
- You’ll receive a link to join the debate (within 24 hours)
- Connect at the time and date, and you’re set!
One could argue that everything we do is to secure our future as a species. We travel the stars, probe the Earth, explore the ocean’s depths, and travel every inch of land, all in order to find the best options for the human species.
What does the future hold in terms of how humans will evolve?
Evolution Complete? One of the possibilities of human evolution is that we are done evolving. This theory posits that evolution works better in a controlled population living in a single habitat.
Body 2.0? It’s no surprise that much technological advancement is currently aimed at the human body. Through gene enhancement or even tech implants, the body is getting its upgrades not from Darwin, but from robotics or genetic engineering.
Reach for the Stars? Mentioned above are the requisites for evolution: a controlled population and a distinct habitat. That may not exist for humans on Earth, but the minute we send independent space colonies, we are creating the perfect conditions for Darwinian evolution to continue.
We’ll get together in front of our screens and with coffee or other beverage in hand talk to other human beings that are as passionate as ourselves about finding answers.
Some subjects we’ll touch on:
- The pros and cons of colonizing other planets
- Scenarios of human extinction and how to avoid them
- The best possible short-term future and how to get there
- Human unity vs. human conflict on a global scale
- The singularity and Artificial Intelligence
- Humanity’s long-term future – constant growth or rise and fall
Upon finishing the get-together, we will have gained new perspectives on the subjects and reflected on how we see theFuture of the Human Race.