When times are hard, be it on an individual, social, or global level, what resources do we have at our disposal to live as best we can?
Resilience, a concept from engineering, refers to the capacity of a material to return to its original form after withstanding certain changes. It is also applied in ecology, where we consider a resilient ecology to be one that can overcome various perturbations that may arise in its surroundings. Applied to society, it is the capacity of a person or group to recover when faced with adversity.
Taking the long- and short-term perspective alike, personal, and collective focus, we will talk about how we should ensure that humanity overcomes this and future crises and flourishes again.
We’ll get together in front of our screens and with coffee or other beverage in hand talk to other human beings that are as passionate as ourselves about finding answers.
Some subjects we’ll touch on:
- Resilience at the personal level
- Optimism, reinventing yourself, agility – anti-crisis resources?
- The post-pandemic prospects of humanity
- How does confinement affect you and others?
- How to develop resilience
- Resilience and self-esteem – the perfect combination?
- The future of our civilization – looking good?
Upon finishing the get-together, we will have shared our strategies in terms of resilience and assessed the prospects of our world in crisis.