Join the fascinating debate!
- Pay the participation fee
- You’ll receive a link to join the debate (within 24 hours)
- Connect at the time and date, and you’re set!
The world has changed, and as a result our relationships with other humans are changing too. Marriage has evolved from a social contract, stopping along the way as an expression of eternal love, to an endangered species.
At the same time sex and human reproduction are increasingly decoupled from the traditional nuclear heterosexual family. New forms of romantic cohabitation are emerging, such as homosexual couples and the many configurations of polyamory. To complicate matters even further, the binary world of the female and male sex is being challenged by new social concepts.
Facing so much uncertainty and many new models, it is natural to ask ourselves – how will we relate to other human beings, and what will the consequences be for the future of humanity?
We’ll get together in front of our screens and with coffee or other beverage in hand talk to other human beings that are as passionate as ourselves about finding answers.
Some subjects we’ll touch on:
- What is the utility of love?
- Is it possible to spend an entire happy lifetime with just one person?
- Monogamy – the great social lie?
- What can we learn from new romantic configurations?
- New technologies and the end of sex?
- The human race – on its way to voluntary extinction?
- The ethical implications of having children
- Longevity = many temporary partners?
Food for Thought Videos: https://ideas-exchange.info/en/food-for-thought/love-in-the-times-of-tinder-food-for-thought/
Upon finishing the get-together, we will have gained new perspectives on the subjects and reflected on the present and future of humanity’s romantic life.
We will meet at 2 PM, on Zoom. The entry link is sent upon payment.
Everyone is welcome, together with their plus ones, ideas and perspectives.
- 2:00 – 2:15: Welcome and initial chat
- 2:15 – 4:50: Discussion in groups
- 4:50 – 5:00: Screenshot time, close