Join the fascinating debate!
- Pay the participation fee
- You’ll receive a link to join the debate (within 24 hours)
- Connect at the time and date, and you’re set!
Beauty fills us with intense happiness especially when it’s directed at ourselves:
“Light can be defined without sun. Sweetness can be defined without honey. Fragrance can be defined without a rose, but beauty cannot be defined without you.”
Beauty is all around us, and strangely we probably couldn’t live without it. But can beauty be defined? Maybe or maybe not, but as creatures that appreciate beauty we can weigh in on the subject.
Beauty has varied throughout time, various cultures, and the vast different perceptions of the world. Beauty has been described and depicted through pictures and concepts penetrating our minds. Beauty has been defined in so many ways. So we are faced with a fundamental question: what is beauty and is it universal?
We’ll get together in front of our screens and with coffee or other beverage in hand talk to other human beings that are as passionate as ourselves about finding answers.
Some subjects we’ll touch on:
- What makes someone or something beautiful to you?
- Is all art based on beauty?
- How does the absence of beauty affect people?
- How have standards of beauty changed over the years?
- What has been the most transcendental sensory experience for you? (visual, auditory, olfactory, etc.)
- Is beauty only in the eye of the beholder, or is there universal beauty?
Upon finishing the get-together, we will have gained new perspectives and reflected on the nature of beauty and what it means to each one of us.
We will meet at 2 PM CST, on Zoom. The entry link is sent upon payment.
- 2:00 – 2:15: Welcome and initial chat
- 2:15 – 4:50: Discussion in groups
- 4:50 – 5:00: Screenshot time, close